Tomorrow we head off on the train to London! On Thursday we spent the day with Matt's nephews (who are just a bit younger than us) We took an interesting brewery took of the Black Sheep Brewery in Masham, and then took a hike up Almscliff Crag (pictured above), which overlooks a long distance, with gorgeous views of the countryside.We then moved down the road to Rudding Gates, a luxury apartment for two nights which we were upgraded to from the cozy cottages we have spent the week in. It's been wonderful living the high life for an evening!
Matt and I spent another day in Knaresborough, had a guided tour of the castle and got to go into the underground sallyport (the escape route out of the castle), had afternoon tea, and then went to Harewood House, which had huge gardens and a little zoo which bred endangered bird breeds. Yesterday Cindy's girls left for vacation in Spain, and today we explored Follifoot and went to one of the pubs there for lunch, then spent a lazy afternoon reading in the apartment since it was downpouring - the only heavy rain of our vacation!
Today's Greta and Brian's wedding - Congratulations!!!!! =)
3 comments:
Mary, I hope you have a wonderful time in London! Have fun at all the museums! Maybe you will go on a ghost tour; that would be awesome! I'll call you when we get back next week! Love ya!
Mamie I miss you too much!!!! Your patio garden is doing great so no worries there! I can hardly wait ot see you home!
I love the pictures! Good luck with your research. It sounds like you're having a blast
Post a Comment